Wednesday, April 22, 2009

For Fuck's Sake Already

The most outrageous of the outrageously over-priced Yankees seats around home plate, within plain view of anyone watching on tv, are sitting empty these days:
Meanwhile, I heard an interesting theory from somebody with the Yankees on Tuesday. They claim that many of those empty seats we’re seeing are actually sold, but the ticket-holders are afraid to attend games because they work for troubled businesses and don’t want to be caught living it up on television.

That’s just great. The seats are so extravagant that wealthy people won’t attend because it’ll make them look bad. Maybe the Yankees can provide disguises to these folks. Your bank get bailed out by the feds? Here’s a Joe Girardi mask. Have a good time.


This shit drives me crazy - how famous do these people think they are? Do they think anyone on the planet knows what they look like...other than their uber-rich, bailed-out colleagues? I see someone in those seats I'm like "fucking dick, I wish I had those seats." I don't think "hhhheeeeeeeeey, that's Steve Dixon, assistant comptroller in charge of international acquisitions!!!! I'm gonna give him the business when I pass him on the street!!"

You're not the Beatles. Go to the goddam game already.

UPDATE: also their names, as I said HERE.

1 comment:

Kiko Jones said...

No one knows those people by name, but you can bet the news shows will be putting their faces on TV..."We caught executives of [name of bailed out company] enjoying their [x]-thousand dollar seats at the new Yankee Stadium..." You'd probably get O'Reilly's stalker stooge asking them questions, too. I understand. But you know what? Those firms should let poor employees/friends/acquaintances sit in those seats. Cause they would not give a flying fuck who sees them there having a good time. I know I wouldn't.