Thursday, April 23, 2009

Shimkus-Shimkus-Ko-Ko-POP!

It's pretty funny to me to watch this assclown distinguished Congressman claim that taking steps in controlling global warming while building a new economy is a more serious threat to our freedom and democracy than impeachment, two wars and terror attacks; the last two of course used by his very own party to curtail as many freedoms as possible while giving as much power as possible to one man.
I think this is the largest assault on democracy and freedom in this country that I've ever experienced. I've lived through some tough times in Congress -- impeachment, two wars, terrorist attacks. I fear this more than all of the above activities that have happened.

Of course, even funnier is this line:
Earlier this year, Shimkus argued that carbon dioxide is just "plant food" and that God will prevent global warming.

No word from Shimkus yet on why God didn't bother to prevent impeachment, two wars or terrorist attacks. 9/11 was on a Tuesday, which I don't believe is God's day to rest. I'm sure there's a good reason, and I welcome his answer.

No comments: