Sunday, April 19, 2009

What the Fuck's Up, Doc

I was jazzed up to watch Doctor's Diaries; tho I guess (?) it's been updated every year for 22 years, I had never heard of it before the other day when I saw it on the guide and tivo'd it. Yesterday I sat down to watch it, and after 10 minutes I turned it off. Although the footage I saw was them only just out of medical school, I do not in any way wanna see anybody who is training to be a doctor be so filled with self-doubt as they were - every scene was basically one of them saying "I shouldn't be doing this, I have no idea what I'm doing, I utterly baffled" etc.

Now, as hyper-overachieving hopeful doctors I'm sure their own standard for how well they're doing on any given day is a lot different from mine - I get dressed in the morning and I think hell, no matter what this is already a successful day. But still - I like my doctors slightly annoyed that they hafta deal with my routine, boring ailment/injury, that they even hafta make an appearance with the normal people. I don't wanna think they had to be trained, I like to think they were hatched in the back of the hospital fully-bloomed as outrageously successful unerring doctors. Which isn't fair to expect of someone, but it is what it is.

I didn't delete it. Maybe I'll go back and try another ten minutes; maybe it'll get better as they get their shit together. Or hell, maybe I'll apply to medical school - I'm baffled, I have no clue what's going on. Could we one day see the emergence of...Dr. Xmastime????! (obgyn..some of you ladies have seen my resumé heh heh heh...plus, I already don't wear a watch.)

No comments: