Friday, May 15, 2009

The Notorious R.A.T.


"Hey Rats!"
"Yeah."
"Rats."
"Yeah"
"Rats."
"Yeah"
"Rats."
"Yeah"
"Rats."
"Yeah"
"Rats."
"Yeah"
"Rats."
"Yeah"
"Rats."
"Yeah"
"Rats."
"Yeah"
"Rats."
"Yeah"
"Rats, we...going home?"
"Yeah, we're going home."

10 second pause.

"Hey Rats!"
"Yeah."
"Rats."
"Yeah"
"Rats."
"Yeah"

(repeat repeat repeat)

As some of you know, The Short Bus calls me Rats. I do not know why, other than Rats backwards is Star. Maybe he thinks in the Manny World I'm a star?

Anyways, a while ago I was in a car on my way home (cause I'm swimming in benjamins, fuck you poor peoples) and while at a stoplight I observed a kid in a stroller at the corner. Looked to be younger than Short Bus, prolly about 18 months. Kids looks right at me, shoots a pointer finger out in the air towards me and yells "Rats!!" What the...I kinda stare at him, and after a minute he turns his hand so it's palms-up and with less confidance shouts out "...Rats?"

WTF? Is the word out with all the kids in the neighborhood, that I'm "Rats"? Totally blew my mind. A collective kid psyche; do I have a Baby Facebook account I am not aware of?

No comments: