Friday, May 22, 2009

Radio Gaga

I did not want to go to the gym this morning. Woke up, was hoping for any excuse in the world not to go. Jet lands on building, bear walks in and rapes me, anything. Got dressed, did not wanna go. Walked to gym, hoped to get mugged, nope. Entered the Y, hoped there was a glitch with my membership and they wouldn't let me in. Nope. Started walking downstairs to the weight room. Slip and fall? Of course not. I'm never that lucky.

Then, as I neared the door to the gym I could feel the radio blasting inside. Hmm, I thought, I know that beat. I know that beat. I got closer...thought I made out some muffled words...
Luck and intuition play the cards with spades to start,
And after he's been hooked I'll play the one that's on his heart

OOOOOH, schnapp! Kept walking, opened the door and was hit with it
Can't read my, can't read my
No he can't read my poker face
(She gotta love nobody)
Can't read my, can't read my
No he can't read my poker face
(She gotta love nobody)

One hour and several pounds later I left with a smile on my face. My p-p-poker face!

No comments: