Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Governors

Earlier tonight HERE I questioned the wisdom of trusting the stimulus to the various governors throughout the land, and now Watertiger over at Firedoglake reels off a few of my concerns:
There appears to be a pattern emerging with Republican governors - when the going gets tough, Republicans FAIL spectacularly. It started with Bobby Jindal's much-anticipated rebuttal to Obama's "State of the Union" speech dissolving into the creepiest ten minutes on television that month. Then, weeks after Sanford went AWOL, Sarah Palin, awash in ethics scandals and lucrative book deals, shocks the hell out of everyone by bugging out of Alaskan politics for the bright lights of the Lower 48. Who's next? I'll be taking wagers, so feel free to place your bets.

And I'd throw Democrats Jim McGreevey and Eliot Spitzer in with that group. Does this sound like a group of people you want to manage the economic recovery of your state? REEAlly? Politicians that lunge head-first for the first bright light that comes their way, state be damned, running out on the small percentage of the state population that was even aware there was a gubernatorial election in the first place? Really? Seems like nonsense to me. But then again I guess I'm supposed to think the federal governemnt sucks, and local/state government is AWESOME!!! Got it.

No comments: