Sunday, August 16, 2009

I Just Wanna Be Friends

Sully passes along an article HERE about how little we may know about our friends. It's funny, as asininely simple and non-complex a person as I think I am, able to be instantly figured out at a glance and 100% transparent in all ways, I've always viewed my friends as wondrously complicated, mysteriously transcendent people who, after spending some time with me, patting me on my head while I stare at my 11th viewing of The Real Housewives of Whogivesashit and scratch my balls, probably go back to some fantastic den of adulthood in which they break down String Theory while translating The Odyssey and dancing the watusi over highballs shared with other amazing people I myself am not privy to; all coupled with some darkness and gravitas that would make me feel like a kid holding a balloon by the Igloo cooler of orange soda at a McDonald's birthday party. (cue RRTHUR: "we are.") You'd think it would occur to me well, I'm an idiot, maybe they are too, but it doesn't.

And yet, conversely, I don't mind spewing every little thought in my head to you people no matter how dumb it makes me look. Fascinating. As my "friend?" Ryan once said, "Xmastime, you have the most unjustified self-confidence I've ever seen."

Thanks buddy!


When You Got A Good Friend - Robert Johnson

No comments: