Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hell's Kitchen Wish List

[Setting: J. Peterman's apartment]
ELAINE: Mister Peterman, thanks for having me over. Your place isn't quite what I imagined.. (It's plain, with no sign of Peterman's personality)
PETERMAN: Ohhh.. It's just a place to flop. (Sits in his recliner)
ELAINE: Well, (Clears throat) what part of your life (hits the record button on a mini-recorder, and sets it down on the table) do you want to start with? Foreign intrigue? Exotic romances?
PETERMAN: Oh, Elaine, we've covered all of that in the catalogue ad nauseum. No, I would like this book to be about my day-to-day life.
ELAINE: Oh.
PETERMAN: (Turns on the T.V, and starts flipping through the channels) Oh damn. They changed the cable stations again.. just when I finally memorized them.
ELAINE: Well, Mister Peterman, do you want to, um..
PETERMAN: (Still flipping through the channels) 2.. CBS..
ELAINE: get, um, started..
PETERMAN: 3.. I don't know what that is.. where's my damn preview channel?
ELAINE: (After observing Peterman's home life) Well, I - I got ta tell you, Mister Peterman.. I don't think I see a whole book here.
PETERMAN: well, I'm sure we'll come up with something.
Whenever a team wins a challenge on Hell's Kitchen, Gordon takes them on some amazing day trip - for instance, the episode I'm watching now where they go to a photo-shoot for InTouch Magazine and are completely pampered throughout the day. Just once I'd like to see a challenge after which Gordon hadn't bothered to plan anything as a prize and just brings them to his house, where he sits in a tattered robe watching tv while his wife yells at him for not cleaning the gutters. Wouldn't that be funny?

ps - when do the Little Gordon episodes start???!?!!!!

No comments: