Monday, August 17, 2009

Wasn't This a Movie With Jennifer Love Xmastime?


There's a cool discussion about Can't Hardly Wait over at the Aquarium Drunkard, check it out if you love The Replacements.

CHW has that rarest of qualities that even most great songs lack, that no matter how you play it, it's still a great song. You can rock it, you can play it quietly on your front porch, whatever, it's still great.

My favorite version will always be the Tim version, which made my GIHYB Top 50 slices HERE (in which I answer, so i myself think, the AQ's wondering why the song's lyrics changed so pussy-ingly drastically):
Can’t Hardly Wait (Tim version) – The Replacements
Rocking, rollicking, heartbreaking, will never understand why they later went with the wimpier version for it’s official release. Supposedly it was cause the song’s about suicide; am I the only one to have since figured out that they pussified the lyrics to stick on a later album which featured a song (“The Ledge”) about…suicide. Christ. And if this had made Tim, there would be no doubts possible about what the single greatest album of all time was.


I like this one too:

No comments: