Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Gee. Whaddya Know.

Sully:
Check out Massimo Calabresi's fascinating account of secret dealing between the US and Iran over re-purposing uranium stockpiles for peaceful uses. It's an impressive feat of cooperation between France, Russia, the US and Iran. Just a small thing. But telling - not least because it suggests there's more going on under the slipstream with this president than he lets on, and because it shows that a less dictatorial US can indeed get its partners to act and its foes to negotiate.
And here I thought waving the big foam AMERICA'S #1!!! finger and playing dress-up on aircraft carriers was the way to go. I guess I was wrong.

I’d link to posts of mine that have said the same thing for four fucking years, but frankly I don’t have that much fucking time in the fucking day. Except for, ironically, fucking.

No comments: