Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Memory Lane


Fifteen years ago today, my squad IDLE, featuring GodIHateYourBand, came down to Farmville, VA to play my fraternity. Great times. Opened with Feel. Rylo and I joined them for a romp through Gotta Tell Me Why, super-slice by the Slickee Boys. I fucking shredded while Rylo bumbled around on his axe like an idiot. Of course, the second the beer ran out at midnight everybody left. And then there's THIS;
6) rrthur's old band once played my fraternity in college. They played it super-cool and waited til 11:30 to start playing. Of course 5 minutes before midnite the place emptied so that people could go get more beer before the midnite cutoff, never to return. Divas. Then he stayed over in my girlfriend’s room, and in the morning used a complete stranger’s razor to shave his face and ended up getting some weird rash. I hate shaving anyways, I certainly don’t understand why he felt such an urgency to shave that appropriating a stranger’s razor was necessary. Maybe on a Sunday morning, after driving 400 miles and playing a rock show and staying up all night drinking he had a job interview? Hmm.

Sigh. Good times. Sweet youth. Of course, nobody thought to record it. Ah well.

UPDATE: Idle slice by slice HERE.

No comments: