Saturday, January 02, 2010

L'chutzpah

While I naturally wanna get miffed at Wall Street throwing around over $200M in stocking stuffers this year, I can't say I understand how Wall Street operates enough to dispute any 60-second lesson by someone in the know who explains why they deserve such bonuses. But having the balls to squeeze out over $20B in tax breaks after having their asses bailed out with taxpayer's money reeks a bit of  "maybe people making less than $30k a year should stop being outraged at the mere thought of any kind of regulation on Wall Street" times "gee, why do I get the feeling the financial meltdown is destined to repeat itself, and soon?" equals "France in early 1789, except we're so willfully stupid that we'll prolly just keep begging for more."

Hey, remember back when 2009 was my year to love France? I enjoyed that. Check out 14 juillet for a bunch of "j'aime France!" posts. And I still need a 2010 country.


No comments: