Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Quandary.

Boss: I'm going to get right to the point. It has come to my attention that you and the cleaning woman have engaged in sexual intercourse on the desk in your office. Is that correct?
George Costanza: Who said that?
Boss: She did.
George Costanza: Was that wrong? Should I have not done that? I tell you I gotta plead ingnorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frouned upon, you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices and I tell you peope do that all the time.
Boss: You're fired.
George Costanza: Well you didn't have to say it like that.
A few months ago I commented on the Al Franken "It Should NOT Be Okay if Your Co-Workers Gang-Rape You, Even if You Work at Haliburton" bill HERE and HERE. I had some pretty snappy Xmas-isms; in particular I like my guffawing about such clauses existing in employment contracts, and I wonder if anyone else got a kick out of the " Good to know if Xmastime ever gets staffed" line. My dripping snark-asm (trademarked!!) about honor and integrity also have me patting myself on the back.

But now I see a picture of the victim HERE for the first time. Is it outta bounds to see a gang-rape victim and think "hmmm...I'd hit it"? I mean, am I totally off here? Should I never even have brought this up? Do you hate me now?

No comments: