Friday, May 07, 2010

Consciouslness

Sometimes I wonder when the day would come that if I died, it would actually affect my godsons. I mean, if I died today, I would hope that their parents would just not bring me up again, and kind of pretend I never existed, so that I would slip from their minds. There's no sense in making a big deal of it to them at this time - I know they love me when I'm there, but I also know that if I didn't show up for six months, I would fade away in their minds. It's just how kids that young are. I have no idea who was big in my life when I was 3-4 years old, so I wouldn't expect myself to be any more memorable to these kids. Eventually that will change, eventually I will be a permanent figure in their minds. And it's got nothing to do with me, it comes from them entering an age of consciousness which they might not be at yet. Ah well. We'll get there.

No comments: