Thursday, May 06, 2010

Ah Yes...Early Shadings of Xmastime...

A while back HERE Holly Robinson Peete offered advice on wives learning how to appreciate football:
"Any woman who likes quizzes or puzzles could really get into this game," Robinson Peete told the Daily News. "It's not just a bunch of guys running around in tight pants, slapping each other on the butt - not that there's anything wrong with that!" 
To get started, Robinson Peete said, you need to learn the basics - identify your team's quarterback. In the case of the Jets, of course, that's rookie superstar Mark Sanchez.
"Mark Sanchez is super-duper hot, so you're lucky," she said. "If you can find him on the field, you know your team is on offense."
Robinson Peete said that eventually, even the most reluctant fan will realize football is "a full-on, strategic chess match."
This is of interest to me for two reasons: one, Holly Robinson Peete is on my all-time "I gottsta hit that shit" team.  I haven't seen every episode of Hangin' with Mr. Cooper because I like the story arcs, for chrissake.

Also, while in college I wrote a modest proposal explaining to women how they could learn to love the game, which I have now found in my archives. Normally my completely unfounded arrogance would lead me to post the paper on Xmastime, but at this moment I am both too lazy and not drunk enough to do that. Maybe later. In the meantime, here are the professor's notes, aka "the only time a college professor in America happily suggested a student submit his work to Playgirl magazine." Well. I assume.
This is a very funny proposal, even better than the last one. I think it succeeds as satire, although a female reader might see it as sexist, ie the woman conforms to the man, cooks and cleans etc. But I think you make men out to be fairly idiotic - more of that would make the essay less problematic for Playgirl.

No comments: