Friday, May 21, 2010

I Got Pac-Man Fever

I've mentioned several times that if you're an adult and play video games you're a complete homo, but I must say that as a young buck I did enjoy me some Pac-Man, which turns 30 tomorrow.

It's probably the only video game I've liked because it's also the simplest - there's no batshit rules like oh, open this door to get the sword, and then go to this level to watch the prince take a bath, etc etc. It's just go around, gobble up as many dots as you can, boom. There's no crazy graphics "oh, here you are careening down the sidewalk in a tank!!!", and there's no noise that drowns out a jet engine. Also, I have a sentimental attachment to it via Twin Kiss. Happy Birthday, you little yellow ghost-eating fuck.

Also, the only adult I give credit to for not being a homo is Billy Mitchell. Hey, if you gotta be a homo, at least be the best in the world while stumping the game's inventors.

No comments: