Monday, May 24, 2010

Sometimes I Am Absurd

I can't stop chuckling at my sentiment from the Parsley Thief post below; my "shock!!" that I hadn't come up with rolling up sausage meat myself is laughable. Like if there's anything going on that's "genius!!", we should all be surprised I wasn't the one that thought of it.

It reminds me of last weekend, I was at a bbq and started shooting some hoops with Op. Every time I missed a shot I would launch into some sort of surprised, agitated series of "goddammit!!!"s, when the fact is I hadn't even touched a basketball in about 6 years, and should be more surprised that I didn't ask it out for a date or put mayo on it than by the fact that I wasn't stroking it like it was 1987 all over again. Finally I started laughing - if I was being honest I would've said "this is the best I've shot in 5 years!!"

No comments: