Friday, July 02, 2010

Skip Deez Nuts

Apparently YouTube is allowing users to skip their ads.
The idea is as simple as this: If an advertiser's commercial isn't captivating enough to watch in its own right, it'll be skipped by viewers. If viewers don't watch the ad, Google doesn't charge the advertiser.
I dunno. I cannot think of a single instance when I DIDN'T skip the ad. And, unless an ad pops up about pills that make Kim Kardashian's ass land on my face, I cannot conceive that I ever will sit through an ad I don't have to. But, as usual, I said it best four years ago:
4) I love how some sites have a thing where as you link to something a commercial pops up, but you can click “skip this ad.” Aren’t you shocked they even give you the option? Amazing. Life should be like that. “Skip this traffic jam.” If you’re a Knicks fan “Skip this season.” “Skip this interview” for those dudes who get busted on tv thinking they’re meeting 13 year-old girls for sex. I love those guys. You’re on national tv, busted for being a wanna-be child molester - why not sit down with this guy in the kitchen for a while, talk things out? I’d like to see one of these guys go for the “Utter Humiliation Hat Trick” and, as well as getting caught being a perv and showing he’s an idiot by talking on camera, cut a fart on tv. “..well, you know, she said she would be here…oh, boy, sorry….damn boiled peanuts…anyways, so…”

UPDATE 4:14pm: for some reason, that reminded me of this riff from years ago. goddam, I used to be awesome.
7) I don’t know about your computer, but mine has some super-active software shit that blocks pop-ups. And it’s so proud of its work that it CONSTANTLY lets me know about the pop-ups it’s blocked with…pop ups!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! Fucking hell. This would be like me proudly announcing every day that I didn’t sexually harass you by writing “Hey, I didn’t sexually harass you!!” on my dick and showing you every 5 minutes. Thanks Norton!!!!!

No comments: