Friday, September 24, 2010

Wait, What?

WVa GOP Senate candidate John Raese:
LEWIS: Tell us a little bit about you and your business experience and how you got here.

RAESE: I made my money the old-fashioned way, I inherited it. I think that’s a great thing to do. I hope more people in this country have that opportunity as soon as we abolish inheritance tax in this country, which is a key part of my program.
In a word: wow.

I'll be honest. If I was in a room with a dozen writers trying to come up with a sitcom character described as "out-of-touch, buffoonish good-ol boy cariacature of entitlement and incompetence" and someone tried to base the character on what this guy said here, there's no way it would fly; "too far," I'd say, "WAY too over-the-top unbelievable."

Whoever this guy's opponent is, if he can't win WEST FUCKING VIRGINIA by simply wearing a t-shirt with this quote 24/7, then he is beyond a hopeless fucktard.

1 comment:

Gina said...

We'd pile into the family station wagon and Dad would take us out to McDonalds after which we'd drive through uber wealthy neighborhoods, like Spring Lake and Rumson where he'd get a special kick out of pointing out the "old money" from the "new money" and telling us that the old money will NEVER really accept the new money. Thanks to the inheritance tax, even self made men (like the character George Jefferson) will not get to keep it all in the family.