Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Just Another Morning Conversation with Sistatime!

(Wake up to a voicemail from Sistatime!)
Message: "Hey, I got a question about football, call me right back!"

Hmm, I think. Sistatime! with a football question? What planet am I on? Well, I figure, this will be cool, a nice bonding moment of me teaching her something about something I love. So I call her back.

XMASTIME: you have a question about football?
SISTATIME!: yeah, who's the guy that's in trouble for showing naked pictures of himself?
XMASTIME: (not what he had been hoping for) Um...Brett Favre?
SISTATIME!: He's not the one from the Super Bowl, right?
XMASTIME: what?
SISTATIME!: you know, the super cute one?
XMASTIME: Drew Brees?
SISTATIME!: he's so cute!
XMASTIME: this...this is becoming less and less about football.
SISTATIME!: (solemnly) did you hear who's getting divorced?
XMASTIME: (oh, shit...who could it be? family friend? fuck!) Who?
SISTATIME!: Courtney Cox and David Arquette!  Can you fucking believe that?
XMASTIME: (sighs wearily)

In her defense, I don't know what I was thinking - that she'd call asking about Alabama's goal-line stand in the 1979 Sugar Bowl?

Ah, Sistatime! - got me again!!!  :)

No comments: