Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Best of What?

I like The Joy of Painting as much as the next guy. And the reason everybody loves it, I would think, is that it's the exact same show every time: calming, soothing voice of comically afro-ed dude as he paints mountains again and again. You can jump in any time and relax while watching, nothing really matters from one moment to another. A shark never comes out of the blackness to eat him; no skanks ever bounce up and down on his 'fro for laughs. So you can imagine my surprise in finding out, according to the guide on my tv, there's something called The Best of The Joy of Painting.  How the fuck easy was it to put this thing together?

Producer: "Intern, here's 2700 hours of footage of The Joy of Painting film, I need you to pick out the best 30 minutes for a Best-Of special."
Intern: (clips the very beginning, fast forwards to 30th minute into the reel, snip snip) yep. Got it.

Incroyable. What's next, The Best of Entourage?

No comments: