Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Eyes - Sit On' Em!

I just saw some of the Happy Days episode in which Fonzie goes blind after getting hit in the head by a little silver platter or something by Al. Cause yes, that's what happens whenever you get lightly hit in the head: you go 100% blind.  And of course since this is not remotely close to anything that happens on Planet Earth, after seeing him wallow around in self-pity for, oh, about three minutes, Richie pulls out the big, dramatic teaching moment by having Ralph and Potsie completely disassemble the Fonz's motorcycle piece by piece, and bring the pieces up to his apartment, after which we're treated to the big "oh that's right, Henry Winkler went to Yale for Theater" Helen Keller-comes-to-life scene during which, of course, The Fonz puts his bike back together perfectly despite being 100% blind. Which I guess we're supposed to be very amazed by, but I'm not nearly as surprised that the Fonz could put the bike back together with no eyes as I am that Ralph and Potsie could take it apart with four. I mean, really?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

weird....we caught the last five minutes of that episode too, skip!

"hey, richie, throw me that orange"

fp

Xmastime said...

Sigh. and people wonder why youre my favorite!! ;)