Thursday, January 06, 2011

Calling Out My Own Bullshit

Nothing makes Tea Partiers cream their motorized wheelchair scooters like a politician who screams that if the Founding Fathers didn't say it then it doesn't count, so I can imagine the Arsenio Hall audience-styled woof! woof! woof!-ing that went on today as Congress completely pissed away a few minutes by reading the US Constitution aloud.

But it turns out, for all their Founding Fathers bullshit, they used an amended version of the document, leaving out some of the not-so-great bits that would just get bleeped out by FOX News anyways.  At first I was gonna roll my eyes at their stupidity and hypocrisy like I always do, but then I looked myself in the mirror and said you know what buddy, you're no fucking different. Whenever I stand in my room and read early Garfield books aloud, I skip over any strips that include Lyman, Jon's "roommate" that suddenly disappeared about a year into the strip. I act like that fucking fairy never even happened, which is just fine by me.

No comments: