Saturday, March 12, 2011

500 Days of Summer

I only saw about 15 minutes of it, but that was more than enough to determine that 500 Days of Summer is easily the most non-rewatchable movie of all time.

And I don't mean that simply because it's so shitty - we all watch plenty of shitty movies more than once, if only because we're hung over, or just wanna turn our brains off for awhile.  Everybody watches Road House every once in a while, just to shake their heads at the bad lines, all while knowing Dalton wins in the end, and the big polar bear falls on Chaz Bono in the final scene.  Even horror movies are rewatchable - you know when the shark is coming, which can add to the thrill after a while.

But in this fucking movie, apparently the guy spends two hours whining and pining over Zooey Deschanel, who breaks his heart.  Okay.  But then, in the final scene...HE FUCKING ENDS UP WITH MINKA KELLY!

What?

This obviously renders everything that had come before utterly meaningless.  I don't care if you got raped by a swarm of bees, if you end up with Minka Kelly, I don't wanna hear about it.  And if there's footage of the rape, there's no way I give a shit enough to watch it, since I know it's only a matter of time before you're getting your snout up in Minka Kelly.  I mean, come the fuck on.

I believe the words you're looking for are, "Zooey the fuck who?"

1 comment:

Kiko Jones said...

Ha!

Seriously tho, do you think they purposely gave it that promising outcome at the end 'cause they didn't think audiences could deal w/more of the lead character's disappointment?