Saturday, June 25, 2011

I Think We're Alone Now

Sweet Cherry Wine – Tommy James & the Shondells
TJ is another one of those dudes during the bubblegum craze that seemed to show up one day and cranked out about 50 Top 10 hits in an afternoon. There are no bad Tommy James songs. This is my slice, a ridiculously great-sounding cut that belies it’s own message. Like when a hot chick slowly jerks you off while breathing in your ear that she’s got a dick. Well, so I would guess. Cough.  - XMASTIME
I was about to waste the next 20 hours of my day going through the approximately 90000 diner links on THIS PAGE when I noticed the woman had a link at the top of the page for a Tommy James & the Shondells site.  What the - we're a site about diners and oh by the way here's a page about Tommy James? Wtf?

As you know, I loves me some Tommy James, so I checked it out.  While I rankle at her being "horrified" at the thought of James being called bubblegum (which I don't see as an insult, fuck you lady!!!!), I was happy to see someone else blathering about how great Tommy James was. 

Also, it was weird to see the picture of James in 1979 and thinking "jeez, 1979, he was an old, wahsed-up motherfucker," when in reality HE WAS STILL ONLY 32 YEARS OLD!!!  Grrr.  It's like recalling that George Harrison was 26 when The Beatles ended.  Christ.

Anyways, my favorite Tommy James slice has always been Sweet Cherry Wine, so.

No comments: