Saturday, July 02, 2011

Li-Lo

THIS ARTICLE questions why Lindsay Lohan is tweeting about the Federal Reserve, obviously under the old-as-the hills assumption that anyone from Hollywood's views on economic policy are surely less valid than someone writing for Slate.com.  Other than disagreeing with the substance of her tweet (while I know we're trained like seals to bark "we can't print money!", one of the effective things the Fed actually CAN do when it would help is print money) as well as feeling incredibly gay for even seriously discussing a "tweet" in the first place, it'd be difficult for me to make fun of her with a straight face, as I blather on and on about such things whenever I want despite having even LESS experience than Lohan in the field, since if she ever actually got back to making movies, she'd actually HAVE money, while I'd still be sitting here using the comics as wrapping paper.  She also apparently got paid more to tweet it in the first place than I'll make in my lifetime, so.

No comments: