Thursday, July 07, 2011

Shit That Makes Me Angry, II

Ever since I was in short pants I've bitched and moaned that if Tim had included Can't Hardly Wait (the original version) and Nowhere is My Home and dumped Dose of Thunder, Lay It Down Clown and I'll Buy, it would be the greatest album of all time, and this guy agrees with me. I don't agree re: the overall production (tho GIHYB has cried about it for years) or replacing the album version of Hold My Life, but the rest I'm cool with. And a B side that consists of Bastards/Nowhere/Dial/Mascara/Regular? Are you shitting me? - XMASTIME
In looking at The Replacements' Over/Under, I realize that maybe the problem is I have different definition of what "overrated" and "underrated" mean.  First of all, how can I'll Buy be "overrated"?  I've never, ever heard anybody even mention this song.  It's just a kinda goofy song that people either tolerate or skip, without arousing any emotion one way or the other.  The most ardent of Replacements fans couldn't care less about I'll Buy, so I can't imagine why it's on this list.

On the flip side, how the fuck is Nowhere is My Home on the "underrated" list?  What the fuck - yes, it might be a song that even Replacements fans haven't heard since it was was never on a real album, but every single person who has heard it FUCKING LOVES IT!!!!!  It, along with the original Can't Hardly Wait, is part of one of the greatest debates ever, ie why the fuck were they left off Tim, since their addition would've made it the greastest album of all time?

Fucking hell.  Maybe I need to stop looking at these stupid lists.

No comments: