Saturday, October 29, 2011

Thoughts, Barely, by Xmastime

As I've said before, my father was a serious, no-nonsense man.  Sometimes I sit back and think "what would I be doing right now if I were him?" and answer with COURSE I'd be flipping over to I Know What You Did Last Summer.  The scene where Ryan Phillippe gets run over by a car reminds me of this Hollywood nonsense:
11) One thing that bugs me about action movies is when someone is on foot and being chased by a car. They run in a straight line in front of the car; I believe in adrenaline too, but I’m not sure you can outrun a car that can go 120mph. Wouldn’t is make more sense to simply step aside as the car gets close? Wouldn’t the driver be like "…oh yeah, I gotcha, I gotcha, taste my fender you…oh shit…crap….okay okay, lemme turn around here…hold on, u turn…hoooooold on…." Doesn’t it drive you crazy? "Run Jimmy run!!" oh, no the car caught him!! Wow!!

No comments: