Friday, December 30, 2011

Death.

Moi ici:
But right now I just thought of something. I thought of someone like John Wooden. The absurd heights of success he reached, so high they will not be duplicated (or even close.) All while receiving praise worthy only of a saint. His life is one that will live forever. But then I ask myself...would he trade it all away in a heartbeat to be 36 years old again?

Wouldn't he?
Of course he fucking would; as evidenced by the insane, out of touch Andy Rooney here:
In a 1994 segment, Rooney attracted controversy with his remarks on Kurt Cobain's suicide. "What's all this nonsense about how terrible life is?" he asked, adding rhetorically to a young woman who had wept at the suicide, "I'd love to relive the pain you're going through by switching my age for yours."
Amen. It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.

No comments: