Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mortality & $crillah

The New York Times (or, as rakish cosmopolitan gentlemen as myself call it, "The Times") poses a question: Would you want Michael R. Bloomberg’s billions (19.5 of them, according to Forbes) if you had to suddenly become 70 years old to get them?

Moi ici:

But right now I just thought of something. I thought of someone like John Wooden. The absurd heights of success he reached, so high they will not be duplicated (or even close.) All while receiving praise worthy only of a saint. His life is one that will live forever. But then I ask myself...would he trade it all away in a heartbeat to be 36 years old again?
Of course he fucking would; as evidenced by the insane, out of touch Andy Rooney here:
In a 1994 segment, Rooney attracted controversy with his remarks on Kurt Cobain's suicide. "What's all this nonsense about how terrible life is?" he asked, adding rhetorically to a young woman who had wept at the suicide, "I'd love to relive the pain you're going through by switching my age for yours."
In other words, I would say heeeeeeeellls no!

No comments: