Friday, March 23, 2012

Questions. I Have Them.

I moved to Brooklyn on January 1, 1998, and since then the Yankees have won 1,368 regular season games for a winning percentage of .603. They've been in the playoffs 13 out of those 14 seasons, won the AL East 11 of those years, won the pennant 6 times and the World Series 4 times.

Two seasons before I moved here the Baltimore Orioles, one of baseball's most storied franchises, won the AL East. They'd been to the playoffs in consecutive years, and were only 3 years from their own Cal Ripken Jr single-handedly saving baseball. Since the moment I planted my flag as a Yankees fan, the Orioles have won 990 games for a miserable .437 winning percentage. They've won less than 70 games 7 times, including the last 5 years, and have not once won 80 games in a single season since I've been here.

Now, as I said before, if Op gets eaten by a snake (God forbid!), I will make myself an O's fan out of loyalty to Big Bear. But right, upon thinking of the recent, horrible fortunes of the once-mighty Orioles, I can only think one thing:

Is it me?

No comments: