Monday, April 16, 2012

Idle Thoughts Music

Before the happy event of getting to meet Harry Gore of The Good Guys this weekend thanks to The Gnat's 40th birfday party I was in an Idle mood, so I will no re-post my Idle slice-by-slice index:

DOWNER'S PHARMACY released 1993
Super Slices: Cathy Loves Elvis, Route 17, Paper Cut, Ethanol, Standing, Myself Alone
Slices: Render Me, Speed of Sound, World Behind Me
No: Traverse, Sweet Lie, Cathy Sings, Drunk Song

one of my favorite album covers of all time. coupla epics.

GRAVITY ROCKS released 1995
Super Slices: Life in Rock, Please Be Quiet Please, Feel, Rob Says Jazz, Time Bomb, June, The List, Harbor, Light
Slices: I'm a Wreck, Alona
No: Girls on Mass Ave, Revenge is Karma, Ubermensch

favorite. coulda been like a greatest hits album with a few edits. fizzles out near the end.

EGO PARK released 1997
Super Slices: Record Store Girl, Trouble Man
Slices: G Train, Free T-Shirt, Fallen Hero
No: Vodka Swing, Ego Park, Twisted, For Better, Automatic, My Car, Last Hurrah

least fave Idle album. some cool sounds and guitar work, but weak song-wise. also made the stunningly shitty decision to leave off their all-time best song, Concessions. crappy opener.

1 comment:

The Gnat said...

You're welcome. Wish you could have stayed longer. Next time, my brother.