Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Look Out!!!!

I just read that one of the things found in Abraham Lincoln's pockets when he died was a Confederate five dollar bill. Seems ironic, no? Like Tipper Gore dying with Dee Snider's wig in her purse, I guess? - XMASTIME 
You may go here if you want a tour of artifacts from Lincoln's assassination, including, for some reason, John Wilkes Booth's thorax and a knife that provides a bit of a zinger:

The pocketknife may or may not be the same one that was, according to Lincoln mythology, given to him by a man he met on the street. Claiming that he’d been instructed to give the knife to someone uglier than him, the man said that Lincoln was the first man he’d met that fit the bill. 
Hahahaha!  honest Abe was ugly!

For a light romp through Lincoln's assassination I highly recommend Sarah Vowell's great Assassination Vacation (where I first learned about the greatest assassin ever, Charles Guiteau...also I didn't pay for it since I "borrowed" it from my buddy Serge HAHAHAHAHA suck it bitch - you got played!!!  Sooooooooo played!!! (what the fuck movie is that from?))

No comments: