Friday, April 27, 2012

Xmastime Movie Review

CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF
1958  trailer HERE

I finally read Cat On a Hot Tin Roof last year sometime, and saw the movie yesterday. I have no idea if it was good or not since I was distracted by two things the entire time:

1) I'd never seen Burl Ives in a "real" movie, so every time he opened his mouth all I could think of was this.
2) Elizabeth Taylor was SO FUCKING CRAZY HOT, just as she was in A Place in the Sun. Jesus.
3) Tennessee Williams was famously pissed at the movie because it took out the homosexual stuff, which is ironic since every time Paul Newman rejected Elizabeth's Taylor's many, MANY advances I'd shake my head "fag."

EMERGENCY XMASTIME NOTE: Liz was smoking hot AND WE ALMOST LOST HER:
Production began on March 12, 1958, and by March 19, Taylor had contracted a virus which kept her off the shoot. On March 21, she canceled plans to fly with her husband Mike Todd to New York, where he was to be honored the following day by the New York Friars' Club. The plane crashed, and all passengers were killed. Beset with grief, Taylor remained off the film until April 14, 1958, at which time she returned to the set in a much thinner and banging hot condition.
My bold.

No comments: