Thursday, June 07, 2012

Marley ... BETTER Than The Beatles??!?!?!

Via MARLEY we see a website devoted to personal stories of connections with The Beatles, titled Beatles stories:
“It’s off beat stories you haven’t heard before,” Swirsky says of a project four years in the making. The singer-turned-filmmaker wouldn't settle for snippets of famous faces recalling the first time they heard “I Saw Her Standing There” or “Hey Jude.” He sought specific stories that helped define both the band and its influence.
It has a touch of the pathetic to the site - while the guy is obviously a huge fan of The Beatles, as a "singer/songwriter", he seems to be hoping that word of the site will somehow make him and Paul and Ringo bff:
“Beatles Stories” ultimately serves as Swirsky’s mash note to the Fab Four.

“I thought, ‘they gave me so much.’ I became a song writer [due to their influence],” he says. “This is me giving back to them … if you see this [Paul and Ringo], thank you.”
A tad gauche, n'est-pas?

It does remind me of this incredible site featuring random, candid photos and stories of The Beatles from fans in the right place at the right time.

No comments: