Thursday, June 07, 2012

Wings! Bruce!

Earlier today I was watching an episode of Wings, as I'm want to do, and it's one wherein Brian, Joe and Lowell are busting at the seams because they're flying to Boston to see Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen. On a lark I checked the original air date of the episode, which was April 8, 1993. Then, on ANOTHER and completely separate lark, (that movement you feel is the Earth rotating off it's axis since that was the first time ever in my life I spelled the word "separate" correctly) I looked the set-list up online to see if indeed Bruce played in Boston that night.

According to BRUCEBASE, not even close - he rocked Zurich, whatever the fuck that is, that night. Hmm.

I mean, I don't wanna be an asshole, but I'm just saying...

I will not go through the setlist from that night:
SEEDS blech
ADAM RAISED A CAIN blech
THIS HARD LAND SUPER alltime top 10 slice!!!!!
BETTER DAYS SUPER alltime top 10 slice!!!
LUCKY TOWN sliiiiice!!!!
ATLANTIC CITY SUUUUUPER slice!!!!
57 CHANNELS (AND NOTHIN' ON) blech
BADLANDS all-time top 3 Bruuuuuce suuuuuuuuuuper-slice!!!!!!!!
DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
MANY RIVERS TO CROSS what the fuck, areyoukiddingmehowhaveIneverheardBrucedothissliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
LEAP OF FAITH blech
MAN'S JOB meh
ROLL OF THE DICE
I'M ON FIRE piss break
BECAUSE THE NIGHT okay
PROVE IT ALL NIGHT Op superslice, pissbreak while blogging
HUMAN TOUCH okay
DANCING IN THE DARK suuuuuuuuuuperslice!!!!!
SOULS OF THE DEPARTED blech
BORN IN THE U.S.A. 3-7-03 MVP!!!
LIGHT OF DAY depends on his mid-song patter
GLORY DAYS meh
THUNDER ROAD okay
BORN TO RUN #1 superslice of superslicesslices (file under: HALLOWED)
MY BEAUTIFUL REWARD  meh
ROCKIN' ALL OVER THE WORLD okay
WORKING ON THE HIGHWAY loved it on the album as a boy

"Whoever's supposed be working the fan for my hair is fired..."

No comments: