Friday, September 21, 2012

Hold the Fuck Up.

This is the set so far from the Bruuuuuuuce show tonight:
Living on the Edge of the World
Out in the Street
Night
Hungry Heart
No Surrender
Lost in the Flood
We Take Care of Our Own
Wrecking Ball
Death to My Hometown
My City of Ruins
Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street?
Jole Blon (with Gary U.S. Bonds)
This Little Girl (with Gary U.S. Bonds)
From Small Things (Big Things One Day Come)
Talk to Me
This Depression
Shackled and Drawns 
Holy shit. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but I've never seen Bruce playing Living on the Edge of the World, much less opening with it...is this to mark the anniversary of Nebraksa, of which several songs were born out of this superslice of superslices?!?!?
Many, many years later my buddy Op gave me a mix tape of Bruce cuts (remember mix tapes?) I remember riding the Dog down to Charlottesville and I had it in my walkman, kinda listening, not really paying attention etc and then a song called 'Livin On the Edge of the World' came on. Blew, blew blew me away. And just like that, I was in love. After all those years, I was in.  - XMASTIME

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby Nathan might have liked Bruce. The world will never know.