Friday, September 07, 2012

Romance

There's a lotta hullaballoo about this photo, with everyone wondering who this couple are. We're all in a tizzy to find out their story, how much more in love with each other they are than we'll ever be, and if they've yet been reunited. We've decided this is our fairy tale du jour. Bill Murray/Scarlett Johannsson come to life at the end of Lost in Translation, if you will: what amazingly romantic thing is he saying to her?

My question is, what if they're not lovers? I mean, sure they're close to each other, but so what? Maybe it was really loud, forcing him to lean into her. Maybe they're brother/sister, of just bff. Instead of saying "Wait for me, my love for you will be the fuel that keeps me fighting to make it back" he's saying "yo, tell Poptop to dvr Wipeout! for me", or "Imma get you for this, bitch!" Or maybe they didn't even know each other until this arrest, and he's getting to know her by letting her know that he would, and I'd like to quote, "pop them titties, baby."

I mean, you never know is the thing. MAYBE this is the most romantic picture of our generation, and MAYBE it's just some dude pretending to whisper something to a hot chick so he can peep some whale tail.

No comments: