Tuesday, January 08, 2013

My Favorite Holly Not Named Buddy

As if I wasn't already nuts about THIS GUY, I see this on his site:
In my first job out of college I worked new product development for McDonald's.  Was in on the development of the Big Mac.  I'm the one who controlled the Big Mac's national introduction.  If you were a McDonald's and you wanted the Big Mac, you had to come to me.  I also helped prove that McDonald's should not be in the Roast Beef or Fried Chicken business.

Philosophically, I have nothing against high cuisine…But I am much happier foraging about for an out-of-the-way barbecue shack, the best bowl of chowder on the Maine coast or a truck stop that still does home cooking.  Three or four times a year I hop in my car, pick a state or two, and eat my way through them.  

No comments: