Friday, August 30, 2013

50 States, 50 Sandwiches

Listed HERE.

Here's my slices from the group.
Arkansas: Fried Bologna Sandwich
Delaware: The Bobbie at Capriotti’s (hold the cranberry sauce)
Georgia: Ann's Ghetto Burger (hold the ketchup, duh)
Idaho: Chicken Bacon Cheddar Philly
Indiana: The Pork Tenderloin
Iowa: Loose-Meat Sandwich (my thoughts on it, in what was part of the single greatest series of posts on hamburgers ever put on the internet, or anywhere:
I thought that this, like Tom Arnold, was entirely made up by the show Rosanne. I dunno, crumbled ground beef, on a bun? Sure, I guess. Why not. I can't think of any reason not to like it. Bonus points for it being a cool place to take a first date; shit would keep crumbling down on her titties for you to peep at. YOU'RE WELCOME, FELLAHS!!!!)
Kentucky: The Hot Brown (was gonna make an anal sex joke here but decided to take the high  Hershey highway  road, you're very welcome of course.)
Michigan: The Traditional Pasty (Proustian for me, albeit I thought they were Montana?)
Minnesota: The Juicy Lucy (Linus' promiscuous sister bah-dum-bump! and yes, I've mentioned it before:
I have no interest in gnawing on some meat until some white liquid-y stuff shoots out. Unless, of course, it's a dick. But only then. (And if we're "serious.")

And a "Juicy Lucy"? Why, of all burgers, is THIS the one named after a woman? Fascinating homo-guilt psychology going on there.)
Missouri: The St. Paul (done it, h8rz)
North Carolina: Chopped Pork (though might prefer this state sammich. Speaking of sammiches, remember moi? Of course you do:
When I was living in Oxford we went to BB King's restaurant up in Memphis, and when I looked at the menu I saw a section titled "Samitches." While I'm sure I'd used that for "sandwiches" in conversation before, I'd never actually seen it in print and got a tremendous kick out of it, repeatedly laughing about it as the pitchers of what I'm sure was crappy Michalob Lite kept coming and coming. Finally the band goes onstage, and the front man shouts out "What d'yall want?" The response was supposed to be "the blues!", but before everyone could shout that I yelled "samitches!", which cracked up the old, fat black ladies a few tables away. "Get that white boy over here!" they yelled, and I spent the next two hours eating and drinking all I could for free, with everything I said totally cracking them up. It was awesome.)
Oklahoma: Chicken-Fried Steak Sandwich
Why is Pennsylvania's not the fucking cheesesteak?!?!!?
South Carolina: The Bacon of the Month BLT
Tennessee: Hoecake Sandwich

No comments: