Monday, July 07, 2014

Kings Pharmacy

Me, back in 2010 I waxed about my slice Kings Pharmacy:
Now, to me, I wouldn't call Kings Pharmacy a "mom & pop" joint either. Let's not pretend it's an old Williamsburg relic (I'm pretty sure it's been there 7-8 years, if that), with "Pops" passing out penny candy to neighborhood kids. But they have generic drugs correctly priced. They're always very friendly. AND, strangely, whenever I walk in, the music that's always pumping through the PA is some 80's music station. And not always just goofy obvious "Come On Eileen" etc songs, but songs I ain't heard in 20 years, or Smiths album cuts, that kinda genre/vibe. Not even really my thing, but unique in the field of stores like that. Very strange, but in a good, breezy way.
So yeah, of course now it's fucking leaving for Red Hook. Fuuuuuuuuuck.

No comments: