Wednesday, January 28, 2015

So Long, Sully

I never thought I'd ever have a post that Andrew Sullivan is quitting blogging. He's been doing it for 15 years; Xmastime has been around for almost 10. There's never been a day writing my own blog that I didn't check in on his about 50 times. To me at least, he wasn't just the Elvis of blogging but Elvis and The Beatles together. Somehow he made you feel like you knew him; I'm embarrassed to admit how emotional his quitting made me upon reading it the first time. Our blogs are nothing alike - mine is silly and says "tittays" way too often - but mine exists because of his. I look forward to whatever he writes in the future, but will always miss the  daily  hourly swings of passion read throughout his writing. He is a pioneer. I suppose even pioneers have to stop eventually.

So long, buddy.

Over the years, I've been lucky enough to have him post some of my stuff:

My Sully parody

Me vs. Palin!

Me vs Trump!

Occupy Sesame Street 

The Royal Wedding!

2014 State of the Union

And my first time Sullied, starring Sarah Palin of course.

No comments: