Sunday, July 24, 2016

Hanks for the Memories!

The first love letter I ever wrote to my high school girlfriend began with the first line from a set of handwritten lyrics found in the back seat when Hank Williams died:

"We met, we lived and dear we loved..."
Unfortunately, the whole thing ended worse for me than it did Hank. Sigh.

ANYhoo, on the plane back from Ireland yesterday (more later!) I watched the Hank Williams biopic I Saw the Light - great performance by Tom Hiddleston in a movie that didn't really make any coherent sense or tell a story; disappointing since you'd think it'd be hard to fuck up Hank Williams' story - and I remembered the above passage. And thanks to the never-ending generosity of the internet, here's that note:
Here's the story form the college kid who was driving the car when Hank died.

No comments: