Thursday, December 12, 2019

Happy Birfday Serge!

Happy birthday to Serge Bielanko, one of my all-time favorite friends. We don’t get to see each other as much anymore, but when we do the stories don’t end. 

Here’s an interview with him that popped up today about growing up in Conshy (I can’t spell the actual county dammit) outside Philly
back in the day:
But the truth is: I never thought of Conshohocken as a place I needed to escape like the narrator of ‘Born to Run’ or anything like that. Somehow I always felt connected to who I was there. I still do even though I hardly ever get back anymore. It sounds so lame and cliche, but growing up in that town in the 70s/80s…that was something that became a part of your DNA. Honestly, I don’t my brother or me would have ever had our band or written our songs or had any of this if we hadn’t been born and raised in the heart of Conshohocken. I really mean that and I suspect he would agree with me. The only reason I can ever recall wishing I didn’t live in Conshy was when I got into fishing. There are no fish in that crick at Sutcliffe Park. Believe me: I tried. 


No comments: