Tuesday, February 04, 2020

OFAH du Jour

A guy on Twitter is spending today listing his top 20 episodes. As each one comes in I'll post here, and comment. Stay tuned, people!

Meh. One of my least favorites, actually. This guy is off to a rocky start.


Great premise, but I've never really loved this one. This guy is pissing me off.
YES! One of my favorites, maybe Top 5.
Fantastic episode, and includes one of the most earnestly touching moments of any show ever.
Great episode. One of my favorite opening scenes, and great touching moment at the end when Uncle Albert explains why he did what he did.
Little high here for me, but a great episode. Great finish, plus our first Slater sighting and this hysterical exchange.
Brilliant, and includes one of the funniest moments from the whole series.
Way too high for me here, but it is the episode that introduced us to Denzil & Mike.
Sure the ending gets all the attention, and rightfully so, but I've always loved the entire episode. This is way too low for me.
I like this one but not sure it'd be in my top 20. First appearance of Marlene!
Nowhere near to being a great episode. But it still delivered one of the single greatest lines of the series.
fantastic episode from start to finish, Del Boy at his most Del Boy-est and once again Boycie steals the show.

Nope. One of the rare (if not the only) times that the premise was stupid. This guy must surely be fucking with us now.
Fantastic episode, definitely belongs in top 10. Top scene too.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this one, if only because it features all the characters together, which is always fantastic.
Brilliant episode that not only gave us Cassandra, but the most famous scene in BBC history.
Good episode but way to low for me here. Great ending, and plenty of Trigger & Boycie is always good.
Dunno if I'd put it #3 but truly a great episode, with several classic scenes. The way Del Boy says his first line here gets me every single time.
Love it, as with Class of '62 I just love it when the whole gang is in scenes together.
It's not the funniest episode, but the coach blowing up + all the gang together + its warmth means I'm happy whenever I'm watching it. Wouldn't have been my #1, but I won't argue with it either.
EPISODES I THOUGHT MAY HIT #1 WHILE I WAS WAITING:
Big Brother
Heroes and Villains
Modern Men
Time On Our Hands
Strained Relations

No comments: