Friday, November 13, 2020

Do You Remember?

Fantastic short video HERE about Husker Du's quest in their beginning to be the world's fastest hardcore band, only to find out in the end that what truly made them great was leaning into a perfect mix of velocity and melody. As you fans already know, I give a lot of credit to Grant Hart, one of my all-time favorites. A must-watch for Husker fans.

As a side note, one great thing to point out is that this series about Minneapolis hardcore was produced by PBS. People have this idea that PBS is all about old ladies watching birds or some shit, but here they are with a series about hardcore punk music. If you dig into various cities' local stations, the variety of programming is staggering. I'll poke around my local station and will generally become too overwhelmed to pick anything, as there's usually just so much. Here's a sample of what I loved about PBS back in 1995! :)

No comments: