Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Criminal, But Delicious!

Back in 2009 I laid out my plans:

I'd like to become famous as the "Cheetos Burglar." Every time I robbed someone's house, they'd know it was me cause of all the Cheetos dust left behind. My signature, so to speak. Dramatic scene when they finally nab me and drag me down to the station - the sheriff grabs my hand to stick my fingers into the ink to fingerprint, but I pull away with an indignant "Back off!!!"...then slooooooowly lower my hand to the paper and press my thumb down, leaving my Cheetos dust thumbprint. Awesome.

Welp, after 12 years, I've been busted:

Things might have turned out differently if she had gone for a bag of potato chips instead. But Sharon Carr is facing a burglary rap after Tulsa, Oklahoma, police linked her to the scene of a break-in through Cheeto residue. Cops say the suspect pried off a window screen and climbed into a home but left without taking anything. Responding officers found a bag of Cheetos on the floor near the window—and when they caught up to Carr, they found residue from the snack in her teeth. “A good reminder that Cheeto dust can be pretty hard to get rid of,” police wrote in a Facebook post.

Hey, it ain't easy being cheesy!

No comments: