Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Happy Birthday, Asshole!

Today is Dr. Seuss's birthday and people are celebrating by claiming that he's being canceled, thanks to his books being racist or some shit. I say this as being "news" in that some comedians I listen to on Sirius are outraged by it; I have many thoughts on "cancel culture", most of which is "it's bullshit".

It's not quite clear in regular news what's really going on - I guess Biden's not reading his books for Read Across America Day? - but this does mark yet another opportunity to gleefully point out that your buddy Xmastime ONCE AGAIN was ahead of the rest of the Universe when he first pointed out Seuss was a racist, terrible asshole...11 YEARS AGO!

Welcome, Earth! I look forward to you continuing to catch up to me from time to time.

No comments: