Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Oh Sally Brown You Stupid, Lazy, Stupid Genius


Of course if I'm being honest, I admire her skills:

...back in the day I was the Michael Jordan of not reading the book; looking at the back cover and the inside flaps and somehow getting 5-7 pages squeezed out (usually with a randomly-selected large block quote from the middle of the book, featuring a single word added in by myself to account for a whole extra "line of text.") This is a skill I learned early in high school; by college my talents were at such perfect pitch that I took a theater class in college and got an A without having any idea where the theater actually was on campus - upon being confronted by my professor about the validity of one of my "reviews" my performance was, ironically, award-winning theater.

I'm flattered by your homage, Sally!

No comments: