Tuesday, July 27, 2021

YES!

FINALLY, an oral history of the shoulda-been-a-classic flick Clifford:

Platt: The deliciousness of imagining what Marty would do with that felt like it added to the sinister nature of the kid in a comedic and fun kind of way. It was a way to really give a platform to Marty’s genius.

David Letterman (comedian, Clifford fan): If they’d had a child actor in that role, I’m not going to see that movie. But you put Martin Short in that role, and where do I get my tickets? I’m coming. I’ll be there.

Flaherty: “Look at me like a human boy. You can’t do it.” That’s improvised. That’s Grodin. That’s the moment from the movie that people remember. And then Marty doing that reaction face — his version of what a normal boy looks like, with that dumb look on his face. [Laughs.] So what you got there was the best of Grodin and the best of Marty right in that little moment.

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!

Shout-out to Charles Grodin, RIP.

"But Xmastime", you say in the voice of Craig “Ironhead” Heyward from those soap commercials (RIP), “didn't you and The Short Bus recreate a classic scene from Clifford years ago?"  

Sigh. Yes we did faithful readers, YES we did. You're welcome! 

No comments: